Sunday, January 3, 2016

Matriarch: An Australian Novel of Love and War

#aussienovel

I'm not sure what I was expecting in reading this, aside form something to mix things up with my current reading selection. The title sounded different so I just went with it.  The book was okay, not fantastic, not terrible, just okay.  The treatment of aborigines is heartbreaking there is nothing false about that.  They were treated similar to the way native Americans were treated here.  I wasn't sure what was going on with the "plot" and I use that word loosely because I'm not sure if this was don't on purpose or not. When changing narrators which seems like every chapter there was little to no transition. Which made that a hard read.  But overall I do like the historical contexts. Provided for evaluation.

No comments:

Post a Comment